Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Long overdue...


Reflections on the first semester:

The first thing I learnt being at Duke this past semester, was that I would have no time to blog. There was so much happening, the blog slipped away from me. But hey I’m an old and wise second semester Freshman now, and I’m determined to make this semester different. Bite sized blogs, but regularly.

Other things I learnt:

I will fight for the hottest shower, and have to do some acrobatics to shave my legs.
Living on the third floor, is no fun when its 35 degrees (celcius) or you’re lugging suitcases up by yourself. Despite the exercise I would still gain weight, can I blame the Marketplace?
Somehow, despite having brought enough stuff over to last a life time, I will accumulate much much more.
North Carolina may be warm by U.S standards, but not by mine.
I’ll work hard, sleep little but really love it.
The people here at Duke are sensational, and virtually living in Krista and Shelby’s room (my nearly next door neighbours) will provide lots of laughs, (and a random dance party or two).
Not knowing who Jabari Parker was during O week will determine that I have obviously been living under a rock for, ‘like’, forever.
Thanksgiving is excellent, and an extra holiday right before Christmas seems such a great idea I wonder why the Aussies haven’t followed suit.
Finally, people will always assume that I’m British, or South African, or New Zealander. Need to work on my Aussie accent...mate.

1 comment:

  1. Seems to be lots of lessons learned. Umm..Jabiri Parker....ummm??? I must be under the rock with you! Don't think in NC you will be able to 'work' on your Aussie accent 'Y'all"..

    ReplyDelete