Saturday, August 17, 2013

Come fly away...




The 31st of July aka moving day came around very quickly. As per usual I had not perfectly coordinated my packing with my flight. The taxi was outside and I was vacuuming with one hand and cramming last minute essentials (my Harry Potter wand) into my luggage with the other.
I said goodbye to my dog Rufus who was sulking, almost as if he knew.

At the airport having somehow managed to scrape into the weight limit, I excitedly tumbled onto the plane. The flights consisted of over 8 movies, 22 hours of travel time and judgement of the loud, overweight passenger and her screaming child (thankfully not in my row).

Landing at JFK, we took to the land of super sizing with our luggage having to take two taxis to the hotel (probably didn't need that extra pair of heels...). Ignoring the pressure of Jet Lag's claws we headed out into Chinatown and Little Italy. Heads dropping into our empty pizza plates we collapsed into bed, Jet Lag victorious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment