Monday, April 15, 2013

Today's post...a Fed-Ex for me!



The most exciting Fed-Ex to ever arrive in Magny-Fouchard (a tiny village in Champagne, North-West France) was addressed to me today. It was my official Robertson acceptance letter and details of the program!

The Fed-Ex was originally destined for my home in Maroubra, but had to be resent to my Dad’s childhood home in France, where I am staying due to ill health in the family. Forget croissants and éclairs; that bundle of papers was by far the most mouth-watering thing at the breakfast table! First year dinner series, involvement in campus life, leadership retreat, summer programs, mentoring and friendship...it all seems much more real and infinitely more invigorating when you have a piece of paper in your hand!

I read it all and got the pen ready, fittingly it is the first important document I’ve had to sign since I turned 18. My ugly signature has never looked so beautiful on a page.

Now I’m really eager to know...what’s the next step?





No comments:

Post a Comment